2012年6月5日星期二

A Review of Dita von Teese’s “Strip Strip Hooray!” Show

Follow Me on Pinterest

A week ago last Friday, I attended ‘Strip, Strip, Hooray!’, Dita von Teese’s new burlesque revue. It’s no exaggeration to say I’ve wanted to see Dita perform live for years, and I’d been looking forward to seeing this show for months. In fact, I bought my tickets the very minute (literally) they went on sale. Swarovskis…Louboutins…Mr. Pearl Corsets…what’s not to love?
Yet, I left ‘Strip, Strip, Hooray!’ feeling…conflicted. And in the days I spent days afterwards sorting through my impressions from the show, my sense of conflict turned into a general feeling of disappointment which left me with the surprising realization that, despite my earlier excitement, I’m not really interested in seeing Dita perform live again.

没有评论:

发表评论